If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Audio Book Review: Closer By Dannika Dark

Closer
By Dannika Dark

Narrator: Nicole Poole
Length: 3 hrs and 34 mins
Time is running out...

Kane never believed in things like fate or karma. Not until the night he took a life.

A secret society of immortals lives within the human world. Kane is one of them--a Sensor who experiences emotional energy through touch. But despite his good looks and easy-going personality, Kane lives a solitary life. Unlike other Sensors, he is unnaturally hypersensitive.

Touch brings pain.

Fate throws a curveball when a woman's life is placed in his hands. Kane is suddenly faced with making a choice, and each comes with a consequence that will wreck him forever. Time is not on his side.

Will she be his salvation, or his ruination?

Closer is a stand alone novella that is based in the same world of the Mageri series, but is not part of the Mageri series.
Goodreads Button
Available At:

My Review:

I wish this was a full length book, instead of a novella. I enjoyed the story dynamic and the characters that much. This universe that the author created really intrigues me and I think I'm going to give the Mageri series a third try.

I liked Caroline, but she seemed to prefer to have comfort in her last moments than have Kane try and do something to help her. That just rubbed me the wrong way a few times. Other than that I enjoyed her feisty reactions and the long conversations she had with Kane. 

Kane had a very hard life and after doing what he did in the ally I was expecting him to be smarter about the way he treated the Caroline situation. Who in their right mind would let someone die considering that either way it played out he had to spend time in jail? Overall, I did like him and how he interacted with Caroline.

The ending was sweet, but it had me believing (if only for a moment) that things had gotten to rock bottom and it was staying that way. Thankfully everything worked out (to a degree) and everyone was somewhat happy. I would love to know more about this couple in a future novella or a full length novel.

The Audio Book:

The narrator was on point and made the whole experience very enjoyable. I adore the range of voices she had and how they seemed to come naturally. I hope to continue to enjoy books narrated by her.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...